The Bible is God’s love letter to us. It gives us the keys to life itself
- Jesus tells us in the Gospel of John, “I have come that you might have life and have it to the full.” (John 10:10)
- In John 3:16 Jesus tells us, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only son that whoever believes in Him would not die but have eternal life”
- That is good news! But how does a person experience this life and love?
- By first admitting you are a sinner. The Bible tells us, “All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
- Romans 3:10 tells us, “There is no one righteous, not even one”
That sounds pretty serious. So what must I do?
- It is serious. You must receive Christ through faith. John 1:12 says, “Yet to all who receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”
- “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (Ephesians 2:8-10)
If you would like to receive Christ through faith, and are willing to turn from your sin, simply pray this prayer . . .
“Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. Please come into my life and make me new. I will turn from my sin and follow you. Help me to be the person you would have me be. Thank you for your gift of love and hope I now have in my heart. Amen.”
There is nothing magical about the words of this prayer. It is instead the desire of your heart and the working of the Holy Spirit that gives them power. If you prayed this prayer from your heart, you are now a Christian, and your sin has been forgiven.
Congratulations and welcome to the Family of God! Now the journey begins.
A few important suggestions:
- If you don’t have a church, find one that preaches God’s Word and shows God’s love, and make attendance a priority
- Read the Bible daily, begin with the Gospel of John. Before you read pray and ask God to give you understanding. This is spiritual food for your soul
- Pray daily. Spend time speaking to God from your heart and allow Him time to speak to you
- Lastly, tell someone what you have done. Romans 10:9 tells us, “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.”